The therapeutic properties that are included with yoga can assist your body and mind find relief from various ailments. Together with?reducing stress, practicing specific yoga poses, such as Standing Forward Bend, will help improve circulation?and digestion.
Standing Forward Bend (Hastapadasana)
Standing forward bend, often known as Hastapadasana, involves loads of concentration and focus to use this pose. “Hasta” means hands, “Padah” means foot and “Asana” means pose or posture, giving this pose its other popularly known name, Hand-to-Leg pose.
A beginner-friendly pose, standing forward bend is generally performed at the outset of a yoga sequence and it’s an effective warm-up stretch before practicing a lot more intermediate to advanced poses.
Standing Forward Bend Directions:
The following step-by-step directions will assist you to master the standing forward bend technique before you know it:
- Start by standing tall and erect with all your feet together with your arms with you. Make sure your weight is evenly distributed upon feet.
- While inhaling, lift up your arms?to increase them over your face.
- As you exhale, bend toward bring your hands for your feet.
- Continue to stretch as well as put your hands on the earth or perhaps your shins, maintaining your legs straight. In case you are struggling to do this, there is the option to slightly bend your legs for comfort.
- Stay with this position so long as you may while keeping your focus against your breath.
- To release, inhale deeply and slowly proceed returning to the starting position.
Benefits of Standing Forward Bend:
Practicing standing forward bend often may have positive effects on our health and wellbeing, including therapeutic and healing benefits.
Added a look at the standing forward bend pose include:
- Strengthens back muscles
- Promotes weight loss
- Alleviates neck pain
- Reduces hair loss
- Improves and increases blood supply
- Aids digestive function
- Increases flexibility from the spine
- Alleviates painful signs and symptoms of menstrual?problems
Standing Forward Bend Precautions:
It is vital to apply new poses and postures under an authority practitioner for correct posture and avoid any injury.
Make sure to speak to your doctor before practicing any poses the actual are afflicted with any chronic injuries or are recuperating from recent injuries.
It is better to protect yourself from practicing standing forward bend below the following conditions:
- Cardiac problems
- Severe abdominal problems
- Painful spine and also other spinal problems
- Chronic injuries to the hips, legs, shoulders or back
1. Precisely what is standing forward bend pose?
Standing forward bend is a yoga pose which involves an in-depth stretch in which you bring hands to you. For just a step-by-step guide, follow the instructions above to apply this pose comfortably.
Updated by?Siya Rajan?on 07/10/2018
The content of your Web site is for informational purposes only, is general as the name indicated and isn’t intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and will not constitute professional advice. The content members ought not to be thought to be complete and will not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions, or their treatment. You must?contact your physician before starting any exercise, losing weight, or health program and/or many of the beauty treatments.
Courtesy?The Yoga Institute, Santacruz (E), Mumbai
How to accomplish Hastapadasana | Standing Forward Bend | Yoga Benefits | Steps. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/yoga/yoga-poses/standing-forward-bend-hastapadasana
Hastapadasana Yoga | Ways to do Standing Forward Bend | Benefits. (2018, January 23). Retrieved from http://7pranayama.com/hastapadasana-yoga-standing-forward-bend-benefits-steps/